CAKE, DUMP Easy Starter
Recipe - DUMP CAKE, Easy Starter
Dump Cake is an easy beginning baking recipe for kids to bake.
It's incredibly easy with no mixing involved.
Canned fruits are dumped into a baking pan, topped with cake mix, butter, and nuts, then baked.
The result is something in between a cake and a cobbler, and amazingly delicious. Adults will also love this recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
• 1 (20 ounces) can crushed pineapple, un-drained
• 1 (21 ounces) can prepared fruit pie filling, cherry.
• 1 (18.25 ounces) box yellow cake mix
• 2 sticks of butter or margarine, each cut into 12 slices
• 1/4 cup chopped nuts (your choice - optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (325 for glass baking dish).
Have a 9 by 13-inch baking pan ready.
Dump un-drained pineapple in baking dish or pan and spread it out evenly.
Using a spoon, dump globs of cherry pie filling evenly on top of the pineapple.
Sprinkle the yellow cake mix evenly over the cherry and pineapple layers.
Cut butter into slices with a butter knife and place slices evenly over cake mix.
Sprinkle nuts on top if you're using them.