Banana Berry Trifle, Simple Fruit Dessert
• 1 (12 ounce) container whipped cream
• 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
• 1 (9 inch) angel food cake
• 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
• 3 kiwis, peeled and sliced or choice of fruit
• 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
• 3 bananas, peeled and sliced
• 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
1. In a medium bowl, fold sour cream and unprepared pudding mix into the whipped cream.
2. Cut the cake into thirds, horizontally.
3. Line a large trifle or other glass serving bowl with kiwi and strawberry slices, reserving two whole strawberries and two kiwi slices.
4. Place one layer of cake in bottom of bowl, top with 1/3 of bananas and pineapple, and 1/3 of whipped topping mixture. Repeat layering until all ingredients are used.
5. Make fan garnishes of whole strawberries by slicing from just below the stem. Garnish assembled trifle with fanned strawberries, reserved kiwi slices.
6. Refrigerate until serving.
Other fruits can be used in the making of this dessert with season changes.