Recipe from a little book I have had for years "Halloween cookbook "Spooktacular Recipes", Very popular in my family.
Hope you love it too!
Frightful Finger Cookies
1 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup ground pecans
Red food coloring and blanched or slivered almonds or pecan halves. (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Beat butter and sugar in bowl of electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and salt. Add flour, 1/4 cup at a time, blending well after each addition. Stir in pecans. Dough will be heavy.
3. Using 1 heaping tablespoonful per cookie, shape dough into "fingers" about 3 inches long and 3/4 inch in diameter.
4. Place dough on prepared cookie sheet. Using a knife, lightly score "fingers" a few times across center and near top to resemble knuckles. "Paint" almonds with food coloring and press into top of each cookie to resemble fingernail", if desired. Or, make an indentation in of cookie top to resemble "fingernail".
5. Bake 25 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets. Remove to wire rack; cool completely.